Adjusting to Canada
Welcome to British Columbia, Canada!
RMCS has built a name reckoned in Richmond as an agency that helps immigrant and refugee communities.
It plays an important role in the settlement, education and integration of immigrants from the day they arrive in Canada.
We work with over 5000 immigrants annually through the help of highly qualified and dedicated staff and volunteers.
We run a variety of programs aimed at helping immigrants get started and adjust to Canada.
In brief, the settlement team helps new immigrants on these topics:
- Accommodation /Housing,- new immigrants looking for a rented accommodation
- Banking/ Financial- how to build/improve credit history
- Civic Participation/ Citizenship
- Community Participation- volunteer work to earn Canadian work experience and learn about Canadian work culture
- Completing Application Forms
- Cultural/ Family Adjustment
- Employment Services
- Health Well being
- Household Operations/Food Safety
- Immigration/ Family Reunification
- Interpretation/ Translation
- Legal Rights/ Representation
- Social Benefits
- Transportation/ Travel